Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cabbage Salad

This cabbage salad is so good! I eat it whenever I am dieting or just feeling in the mood for something light.



2 medium apples chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup light miracle whip
2 tablespoons cumin seeds
2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons pepper
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
6 cups shredded cabbage green
2 cups shredded red cabbage
3 cup dried cranberries


In a bowl combine apples and lemon juice. In another bowl combine miracle whip, cumin seeds, salt and pepper whisk in vinegar.
In a large bowl, combine the cabbages cranberries and apples Add dressing and toss together cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.


What have we been up to you ask- well absolutely nothing!! Yesterday we took Dustin to preschool. While he was at school I contemplated the reasons for him going to preschool and if I should just home school him. Then I decided that was not a rash decision I should make in an hour.

Cason and I came home cleaned the house.We Went up to the barn and investigated the body of a dead ground hog so we could find the cause of death. We fed the horses. I went for a walk while Cason went and helped Patrick with moving a hay ring.

I grilled Patrick on the cause of the ground hogs demise. Myself being an animal CSI decided cause of death was gun shot wound. When I put Patrick on the witness stand he confessed to knowing who the murderer was. It was the ranches hay man he speared the ground hog with a hay spear on the tractor. Patricks suspects it was on purpose due to the fact of who he is.

Patrick had to shoe three horses last night when he got off work. He was very stiff when he came home. I made him a egg, tomatoe, bacon, cheese and mayonnaise sandwich they were huge and he ate two at 9:30 at night. If I took a bite of such a fattening sandwich at 9;30 at night I would gain a thousand pounds.

Why borrow money, just learn to be more frugal, it is not a good feeling being owned by the lenders, and that is all I have to say on that.

Today I need to clean the house like always. play with my boys. cook something for cowboy church tonight. Read my bible. Go for a walk even though it is only 20 degrees outside.

At The Church we attended in south Dakota, all its members are popping out baby's like rabbits. That church was so wonderful and now they probably have more kids than adults, literally. We are so happy for everyone!

Once again I cannot put new pictures on my computer so I will spend part of today figuring out the problem.

My composting project has officially begun. I have everything mixed and ready to start working. Now it just needs to warm up again. All the moisture from the frozen stuff will help it decompose better when it does warm up.

I am trying to recycle better. I try not to throw things away and reuse what I can but since we live in the sticks there is not a recycling center nearby. That causes a problem because I am going to start recycling everything not just the things I am reusing. I don't really want A yard or house full of trash so I will have to find someplace to take all this stuff.

So that pretty much sums it up. I shall continue today with the prosecution of the ground hog killer. I will recycle and compost. I might clean my house, Probably not. We will go to cowboy church. I will continue to consider homeschooling, I think Dustin and I will benefit from it. I will do my research. I will work on getting my photos up and go to cowboy church. I shall leave you with a poem

My blog is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get


That is a poem isn't it ;P

Happy Heifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck, where are the photos? That's the only reason I follow this blog, not to read what you write!!!! No, just kidding. That sounds like one great cabbage salad, I am going to make it tomorrow. Home School???? For how long? I don't know about that one. Love your busy life and writing.

Aspen Photography said...

I don't know if I will I just have been reading alot about it and started talking to some friends of ours in Colorado who do it and thought it would be good but then I don't know.

Anonymous said...

The LORD bless you and keep you and make His face to shin upon you. Ps 67:1

You are a beautiful family... I signed up to follow your blog today.
Many people here in Northern Nevada homeschool. In these times it's a true blessing.