Saturday, April 11, 2009

Morning Crisp and cold Garden waiting for another day

Today I woke up to a beautiful, crisp morning. The fog in our valley with the sun shining through it was spectacular. The cows waiting for the morning feeding, standing majestically in the bright morning.
All my weed's closed up hoping to survive a late spring frost.

Our garden waiting patiently for a plant to grow was happy to feed this bug with the large amount of manure and compost placed in it.


This is our garden spot Patrick won the battle I wanted a big garden he wanted a small raised bed flower garden.



We used old railroad ties. We had two ties long by one tie wide. old railroad ties work wonderfully for a raised garden and often you can get them for free. When you use old railroad ties you are recycling, saving a tree and saving money it can't get any better than that.




3 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Wow, still frost, eh? Using the railroad ties for a raised garden bed is a great idea! I wish I had a spot for a garden. I would love to have fresh garden vegetables!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I am all for raised gardens, makes it easier to weed

prashant said...

I wish I had a spot for a garden.
Contextual Ad Network India